Prep 12 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Nutty, sweet cake, wonderfully different. If you like pumpkin, this one is for you!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 16 ounces canned pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-bran cereal, not the flakes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- powdered sugar
- Combine first 6 dry ingredients, set aside.
- In lg bowl, beat eggs.
- Add pumpkin and oil; stir in cereal until just moist.
- Add dry ingredient mix; stir just until well combined.
- Fold in nuts and raisins.
- Pour into a greased 10in tube pan.
- Bake at 350* for 60-65 minutes, until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, remove and place on wire rack to cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Yes, this is good. It's like other pumpkin recipes I have, but also a bit different because of the bran cereal. I don't have a tube pan, so I baked it in a regular 9x13 pan (about 45 minutes baking time) and it came out fine. If, like me, you don't use pumpkin pie spice, here are the equivalents: 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. ginger, 1/4 tsp. allspice and 1/4 tsp. nutmeg. Also, I left out the nuts and didn't dust with powdered sugar, both personal preferences. I cut it in 16 pieces, rather than 12 but it's very rich-tasting, so I still felt that I had a good dessert.
Great!!! I cut the oil down from 3/4 cup to 1/3 cup and I'm still giving it five stars! I used All Bran "Buds." IMO, the regular All Bran twigs just wouldn't work. I used a 9x13 pan and baked it at 350 for 40 minues. I loved the nutty, crunchy flavor and I can't wait to try this recipe for muffins!