Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This has to be one of the easiest cakes to make. One bowl preparation. So moist and delicious!! Serve with a dollop of whip cream or Cool Whip.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly in a large mixing bowl (or in a stand mixer using the paddle attachment). Bake in a greased and floured tube or Bundt pan for 1 hour or until done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, remove and then place on plate to cool.
- Serve with a dollop of whip cream or Cool Whip.
Awesome recipe! I made cupcakes so I left out the chocolate chips and walnuts but they were still amazing. Next time I'll definitely add in the extras. Thank you so much for sharing!
So good it really doesn't need frosting....
How much easier can it be to make A VERY TASTY CAKE! Simple & satisfying ~ Wonderful! Thanks for sharing a real keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup cooking game]