Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is an easy cake, and very moist, too! You can substitute the pumpkin with 200g of vanilla yoghurt, or cooked apple, or tinned pie apple. I make it with vanilla yoghurt and add a bit of choc bits to it. You can also use zucchini or carrot, whatever you like!
- Peel and chop the pumpkin and cook till tender.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and prepare a loaf pan by greasing with butter and then sprinnkling with flour.
- Tip out any excess flour.
- While pumpkin is cooling, place all other ingredients (flour, sugar eggs, butter) into a bowl.
- Beat until well combined with an electric mixer.
- Mash the pumpkin and add to the mixture.
- Continue to beat with mixer until well combined.
- Pour into the loaf pan and cook for approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
- Check with skewer to see if the cake is done.
- When the skewer is dry when removed, the cake is ready. Leave to cool for approximately 5 minutes and then turn out onto a serving plate.