Recipe by Zsuzsa
This is an easy cake, and very moist, too! You can substitute the pumpkin with 200g of vanilla yoghurt, or cooked apple, or tinned pie apple. I make it with vanilla yoghurt and add a bit of choc bits to it. You can also use zucchini or carrot, whatever you like!
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and chop the pumpkin and cook till tender.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and prepare a loaf pan by greasing with butter and then sprinnkling with flour.
- Tip out any excess flour.
- While pumpkin is cooling, place all other ingredients (flour, sugar eggs, butter) into a bowl.
- Beat until well combined with an electric mixer.
- Mash the pumpkin and add to the mixture.
- Continue to beat with mixer until well combined.
- Pour into the loaf pan and cook for approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
- Check with skewer to see if the cake is done.
- When the skewer is dry when removed, the cake is ready. Leave to cool for approximately 5 minutes and then turn out onto a serving plate.