Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup salad oil
- 1 (1 lb) can pumpkin
- pecan halves or walnut halves
Cream cheese Frosting
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon rum or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- in large bowl of electric mixer, let eggs warm to room temoerature-about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour with baking soda, salt, cloves, cinnamon,ginger and nutmeg At high sped, beat eggs with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in oil and pumpkin to blend well.
- At low speed beat in flour mixture just until combined.
- Pour into an ungreased 9-inch tube pan.
- Bake about 1 hour or until surface springs back when gently pressed with fingertip.
- Cool cake completely in pan.
- With spatula, carefully loosen cake from pan; remove.
- Place on cake plate; frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Decorate with nuts.
- Makes 12 servings.
- ----Creamcheese Frosting------.
- In medium bowl with electric mixer at medium speed, beat cheese with rum until creamy.
- Gradually beat in sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Spread over Pumpkin Cake, make swirls with knife.
I've probably made this 25 times now, and each time I double the recipe using the big can of pumpkin (I think it's 29 oz) and bake in a 14x9 pyrex pan. I turn down the oven to 340 to accommodate the larger pan. It's delicious and always gets requests for the recipe. I have also done completely without the cream cheese, and it still doesn't last long! Here's a winner any time of the year!
Very Good! The only changes I made were to omit the cloves and to make it into 2 loaf pans instead of tube pan. It still turned out good, though! Definitely a keeper! Thanks for posting, RecipeNut!
I made this yesterday and already everyone is asking when I am going to make it again! I followed the recipe exact, except I baked it in a 9X12 pan and I made a butter frosting instead of a cream cheese frosting, and left off the nuts as I didn't have any. The cake was so moist! This recipe is a keeper! Next time I will put the nuts on top, that could only make it better!