Recipe by Carol Main
When you read the ingredient list, these really sound strange, but they are sooo good. the morsels and walnuts baked on top make them especially yummy. I got this recipe off an old can of pumpkin and decided to make them to finally get rid of the pumkin. I've bought a lot more pumpkin since.
Top Review by The Daycare Lady
These cupcakes are gorgeous. They look like they came from a bakery and they are so moist. My kitchen smells wonderful with the pumpkin, cinnamon & butterscotch aroma. Thanks for posting.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 3⁄4 cups libby solid pack pumpkin (16-oz. can)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped walnuts, divided
- 2 cups nestle toll house butterscotch chips, divided (16oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bowl.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl beat pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar and oil at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Stir in 1 cup walnuts and 1 cup morsels.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup batter into 24 greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Combine remaining walnuts and morsels in small bowl.
- Top each muffin with about 1 tablespoon of nut and morsel mix.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove to wire rick and cool completely.