Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
1Tb.=18 calories, 3 carbs "Tastes like Pumpkin Pie"
- 2 (29 ounce) cans pumpkin
- 2 1⁄4 cups Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- In 3 quart sauce pan, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Place over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Have 10 ½ pint jars and lids (not bands) sterilized and ready. I recommend 5 sterilized at a time in order to keep pumpkin mixture hot.
- Spoon hot pumpkin mixture into ½ pint sterilized jars, filling ½ inch from top.
- Remove air bubbles w/ non-metallic spatula around inside of jar and gently pound on counter to settle mixture.
- Wipe jar rims clean, inside and outside.
- Cover quickly with hot, sterilized metal lid and screw on bands tightly.
- Process in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Store at room temperature for 12 – 24 hours before testing lids for good seal (no air bubble on lid; pop when opening lid).
- Refrigerate after opening.
The recipe instruction were clear and concise, but I didn't really care very much for the end product. It wasn't really the right consistency for spreading on bread, as I usually do with fruit butters. I do not think I would make this again. Thanks for such clear instructions, though.