Prep 3 hrs 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is a bit different than most pumpkin butter recipes because it contains "butter". It makes a very tasty spread for toast, especially over a "schmear" of cream cheese. Although I think of it as a "Fall" item (when pumpkins are in season), it can be made anytime of year because canned pumpkin is used. Prep time includes 3 hour chilling time.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well.
- Cover and chill at least 3 hours.
- Let butter stand at room temperature to soften before serving.
Oh so good! Can't wait to try it on a bagel! I may have to go get some tomorrow... Made for My 3 Chefs November 2008.