Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Better Homes and Gardens
Make and share this Pumpkin Butter Baby Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons vinegar or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- broken walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°; grease twenty-four 2 1/2 inch muffin cups; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on med-high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugars, beating until combined.
- Beat in eggs, pumpkin butter, and vanilla until combined.
- Stir vinegar into evaporated milk (mixture will look curdled).
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk mixture to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Spoon batter into the prepared cups, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pans; if desired, cool cakes completely on racks.
- Caramel Sauce-in a medium heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in half-and-half, water, and corn syrup.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly (mixture might look curdled).
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- To serve-place each warm or cooled cake on a dessert plate; top with broken walnuts.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 tablespoons caramel sauce over each cake.