Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 small lemon
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- About 4 hours before serving or up to 1 week ahead.
- Grate lemon to make 1 teaspoon peel; squeeze to make 1 teaspoon juice.
- In 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, heat lemon peel and juice and remaining ingredients to boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Spoon pumpkin mixture into small bowl; cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 3 hours.
- Serve with warm biscuits.