Recipe by PrairieHarpy
Carb conscious version of pumpkin butter. Recipe inspired by Linda. Tweaked for ease and taste preference.
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup sugar-free maple syrup, try Joseph's
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- pumpkin pie spice, to taste
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, stir together pumpkin, Splenda, syrup, lemon juice, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for about 45 minutes, stirring well every few minutes.
- Make sure all parts of the mixture get exposure to the pan bottom.
- Mixture will be thick and somewhat darker toward the end of cooking time.
- Serve right away, or stash in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- This definitely gets better with each passing day!
- Serve along side SF cookies, low carb shortbread, or stir into Yogurt. Endless possibilities!
- Per Serving: 29 Cal; 1 g Protein; 0 g Tot Fat; 7 g Carb; 2 g Fiber; 2 g Sugar; 103 mg Sodium.