Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 15 ounces cooked pumpkin, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup light maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 dash nutmeg
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, mix together the pumpkin mush and maple syrup until they’re both fully combined. If you prefer your spread to be sweeter, feel free to add in as much syrup as you want.
- Continue to stir the pumpkin slowly for about 10 - 15 minutes, or until the mixture had thickened to a desirable consistency. The stirring is important though, so DON’T walk away! If you do, your pumpkin may scorch and get burnt onto the bottom of the pan.
- Once you’ve determined that it’s nice and thick, take your pan off the heat and you can go ahead and mix in all your spices.
- Take a clean, empty jar and spoon in the hot pumpkin butter. Allow it to cool before topping it off with the lid, and then make sure it’s reached room temperature before moving it to the fridge.