Recipe by Maryland Jim
Don't remember where I found this recipe, but it's a real hit in our home.
Top Review by mis7up
FINALLY!!! Someone that has it right. I have to say, best recipe by far for Pumpkin butter. I have tried others and no one else has got it right. Everyone else puts nutmeg in it and over powers the pumpkin flavor and becomes way to sweet-like. I've been trying for months to find or figure out a recipe for Pumpkin butter that tastes like Pumpkin pie. Your measurements are right on que, I didn't have a fresh lemon when I made this today, so I used the equivalent to it with prepared lemon juice. Wonderful Wonderful. You've made my day and I now have a great recipe to share with my family. Thank you from my family to yours. Melissa Goff
- 3 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin (don't use pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in a heavy saucepan, bring to a boil and simmer on low for about 20 minutes, to thicken.
- Pour mixture into hot, sterile jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Seal with sterile 2 piece lids and rings.
- Process for 10 minutes in boiling water bath.