Recipe by Manda
Easy recipe for a healthy and tasty alternative to butter for topping breads, pancakes, muffins, whatever! I really love this spread on top of home-made french toast...mmm!
Top Review by AwShucks
I have this simmering on the stove. It's going to be great! I used brown sugar splenda & powdered "True Lemon" instead of fresh, and just threw in the spices -- added cloves & nutmeg. I also sprinkled over and stirred in about 1/4 tsp. of Xanthan gum powder. It gives things a nice, creamy, buttery 'mouth feel' without all those calories. YUM!
- 1 (15 ounce) can100% pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In small sauce pan, combine pumpkin, applesauce, sugar, cinnamon and ginger.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring often to prevent scorching, 45 min.
- or until mixture becomes very thick.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Let cool, then spoon into tight-sealing container and refrigerate.
- Will keep in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.