3 hrs 10 mins
Made in a slow cooker. Mom has made this and I have tasted it--superb. This recipe uses canned pumpkin puree but you can cook and puree fresh pumpkin--need about 3 cups smooth pumpkin puree.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker; stir using a spatula until well mixed (don't worry if there are some lumps in the sugar; they will melt into the butter during cooking).
- 2Use the spatula to scrape down the sides.
- 3Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 4Remove the lid and let cook on HIGH for an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour to reach desired thickness.
- 5Turn off the cooker and let the mixture cool to room temperature in the slow cooker.
- 6Scrape with a rubber spatula into clean glass jars (may use spring-top jars or screw top jars with new lids).
- 7Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.
- 8Or transfer to small plastic containers and freeze up to 3 months.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Butter
Serving Size: 1 (1338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 595.5
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 41.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 155.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 138.7 g
- Protein 3.0 g