Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love anything pumpkin (anytime of the year) and this sounds wonderful! I found it on a message board and I am posting for safe keeping.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup solid pack pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Coat 6-cup bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine flours, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl combine butter and brown sugar and beat at medium speed until mixed well.
- Beat in pumpkin and egg.
- Reduce to low speed and beat in flour mixture.
- Blend in buttermilk and 2 teaspoons vanilla, just until moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and allow to cool completely on wire rack.
- For the glaze, combine confectioners' sugar, vanilla and orange juice in small bowl. Stir until well mixed.
- Drizzle over cooled cake.