Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
I originally got this from a ToH magazine. Very moist and delicious!
Top Review by mostrah
I made this to take in to my staff as a Monday-morning treat and they all but licked the plate! The recipe works great, even in high altitude. I did drizzle a simple powdered sugar icing on top, with a sprinkle of cinnamon added. NOW, I have to find another great treat to take in because Kay missed it! Thanks for the wonderful recipe, Johnson!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix (or vanilla)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; then beat at medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350F for 50-55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.