Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a nice moist cake good anytime of the year but particularly nice for the holidays.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 4 eggs
- powdered sugar (optional) or whipped cream (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 4 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350*F. for 50-55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar and or serve with whipped cream if desired.