Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy and yummy with a bowl of soup. This will fill 'em up.
- 375 g pumpkin, chopped
- 4 slices of middle bacon, finely chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 2 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 60 g margarine
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Boil, steam or microwave the pumpkin til tender.
- Drain and mash- you need about 3/4 of a cup.
- Fry the bacon and onions for 3 mins, stir in dried herbs.
- Place flour into a bowl and rub through the margarine.
- Stir in the pumpkin, the bacon and onion mixture and enough of the milk to make a firm dough.
- Roll into balls using floured hands and place into a greased 20cm ring tin.
- Bake 220 deg celsius for 45 minutes.