Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Different than the first version I have posted in 2009. Closer to the Nestle original recipe. I used a teaspoon of that amazing black cocoa powder from Shady Maple, but regular cocoa powder is just as yummy. It's 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of pumpkin, or 10 tablespoons if you only want to get one utensil dirty.
- 10 tablespoons pumpkin puree (real pumpkin, NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips (Ghiradelli milk chocolate big chips...yum)
- Whisk the pumpkin, eggs, and sugar in a bowl together.
- Whisk in the flour, baking powder, cocoa, salt, and spice until the batter is smooth and there are no more lumps.
- Beat in the chocolate chips.
- Grease a 8x8 pan with cooking spray or oil. Pour the batter in and smooth it out on top, then bake at 350F for 25 minutes. Makes 12 smallish brownies but I totes ate the whole pan for dinner. Hehe. Since they're mostly pumpkin, I didn't feel guilty. :).