Recipe by LoveMyVeggies
This recipe has been in my family for years. As soon as the weather cools, it becomes Pumpkin Bread season! Tastes great with whipped cream or cream cheese - breakfast or dessert!
Top Review by LaurelAnn
WOW! This was fabulous bread! I was hesitant to combine pumpkin and chocolate chips, but my husband begged me (it's one of his favorite combinations) and it turned out great! What a wonderful recipe!
- 1⁄2 lb butter (or Earth Balance)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin puree
- 12 ounces mini chocolate chips (1 Bag)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
- Combine Flour, baking soda, salt, and spices in a separate bowl until all dry ingredients are blended.
- Slowly combine with egg mixture.
- Add pumpkin and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts to the dough.
- Divide mix between two well-greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake for one hour or until knife comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes then place on wood cutting board.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve with fresh whipped cream. Makes two loaves.