Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe has been in my family for years. As soon as the weather cools, it becomes Pumpkin Bread season! Tastes great with whipped cream or cream cheese - breakfast or dessert!
- 1⁄2 lb butter (or Earth Balance)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin puree
- 12 ounces mini chocolate chips (1 Bag)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
- Combine Flour, baking soda, salt, and spices in a separate bowl until all dry ingredients are blended.
- Slowly combine with egg mixture.
- Add pumpkin and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts to the dough.
- Divide mix between two well-greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake for one hour or until knife comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes then place on wood cutting board.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve with fresh whipped cream. Makes two loaves.
WOW! This was fabulous bread! I was hesitant to combine pumpkin and chocolate chips, but my husband begged me (it's one of his favorite combinations) and it turned out great! What a wonderful recipe!
great bread! awesome for dessert!
Delicious and very moist! I omitted the chocolate chips and used half the recipe to make one loaf and 2 dozen muffins!