Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Super yummie pumpkin bread. This is a recipe that i take with me everywhere i go (potlucks ect) and everyone asks for the recipe. I too tried it at a potluck and then had to harras the woman for 9 months in order to get my hands on it. The icing is the key!
- 709.77 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml corn oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 453.59 g can pumpkin
- 828.06 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml salt
- 2.46 ml clove
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 4.92 ml allspice
- 14.79 ml melted butter
- 0.25 ml milk
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar (or enough to make correct consistency --- just keep adding sugar till icing isnt runny)
- Combine all ingredients.
- Pour into buttered/floured loaf pan and cleaned out pumpkin can.
- Fill both no more than 2/3 full.
- Pans will overflow when cooking if you fill too full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for roughly 1 hour and 15 mins.
- When cooled top with icing (the secret ingredient).
The icing on this bread just kicks the flavor of pumpkin bread up 10 notches! I have never put icing on pumpkin bread before but now I will not be able to make it without it! I put the icing on while it was still warm and it drizzled down the loaf and hardened, really looked pretty.
5 stars for this pumpkin bread. This will replace my old pumpkin bread recipe. It's moist, spicey and the icing makes it perfect!