Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This bread makes me think of the holidays ! Like to serve mine with cream cheese spread on the top -- at times make little finger sandwiches! Recipe is from William-Sonoma Muffin Cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup nut oil, such as walnut, almond or 1⁄2 cup sunflower oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pitted dates
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, and oil until smooth, about 1 minute.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and beat until smooth and well combined, 1-2 minutes. The batter will be thick.
- Using a large spatula or spoon, fold in the dates just until evenly distributed--DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until the top is browned and crusty and develops a long center crack, 60-70 minutes.
- A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Unmold the loaf onto the rack and let cook completely.
- Serve at room temperature.