1 hr 15 mins
Galley Wench's Note:
This bread makes me think of the holidays ! Like to serve mine with cream cheese spread on the top -- at times make little finger sandwiches! Recipe is from William-Sonoma Muffin Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup nut oil, such as walnut, almond or 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pitted dates
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, and oil until smooth, about 1 minute.
- 4In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- 5Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and beat until smooth and well combined, 1-2 minutes. The batter will be thick.
- 6Using a large spatula or spoon, fold in the dates just until evenly distributed--DO NOT OVERMIX.
- 7Spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- 8Bake until the top is browned and crusty and develops a long center crack, 60-70 minutes.
- 9A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- 10Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cook for 10 minutes.
- 11Unmold the loaf onto the rack and let cook completely.
- 12Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Bread With Dates
Serving Size: 1 (1024 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2703.3
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 423.0 mg
- Sodium 3344.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 623.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 28.5 g
- Sugars 422.3 g
- Protein 42.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: