Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious pumpkin bread with a sweet orange glaze. It is perfect for a cool fall afternoon!
- 177.44 ml vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 425.24 g can pumpkin puree (Not pumpkin pie filling)
- 473.18 ml white sugar
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 828.06 ml white flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 236.59 ml confectioners' sugar
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 78.07 ml orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease 2 8"x4" loaf pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together oil, eggs, pumpkin and sugar.
- Stir In orange juice.
- In another mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Combine both mixtures and mix well.
- Spoon batter into pans and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes and turn onto wire racks to finish cooling.
- Combine glaze ingredients and brush on warm, but not hot, bread.
I have made this delicious pumpkin bread many times...and have always gotten rave reviews and requests for the recipe. Thank you Tricia, it is the best pumpkin bread I have ever had, and am so pleased to have the recipe. Helen