Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a delicious pumpkin bread with a sweet orange glaze. It is perfect for a cool fall afternoon!
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (Not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease 2 8"x4" loaf pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together oil, eggs, pumpkin and sugar.
- Stir In orange juice.
- In another mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Combine both mixtures and mix well.
- Spoon batter into pans and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes and turn onto wire racks to finish cooling.
- Combine glaze ingredients and brush on warm, but not hot, bread.