Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
When my son was in "Delightful Day" pre-school (he's 14 now) they had a Thanksgiving Day Feast. They served this recipe. However, instead of baking it into loaves they made mini muffins.To date, this is by far the best pumpkin bread/muffin I have ever had. Very easy to make and soooo moist! Such a pleasure to pass this along to everyone at this wonderful site! Enjoy! PS - This freezes great! Get a jump on holiday cooking!
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons allspice (optional)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in another large bowl at low speed by mixer or by hand.
- Make well in dry ingredients (a large indentation in center).
- Add wet ingredients to well and fold in until thoroughly moistened.
- Add nuts and raisins, folding to distribute evenly.
- Do not overmix.
- Bake in 3 greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minute.
- Freezes great!
- Can also be made into muffins.
- Adjust cooking time as necessary.
- Tip: I've found that baking in"dark" aluminum pans tends to burn easily on outside.
- I use light colored aluminum pans.
- They reflect the heat better.
Simply awesome! I do not like Pumpkin Anything! But this...This was heaven. I made a loaf and only had the one pan so I made muffins. I left out the raisins, i did not have any, and I made double vanilla butter cream frosting. The kids ate it all up as did us grown ups and a couple guests. You must try it!
I have been using this site and another for about 4 years now. It took this recipe to finally make me join so I can rate! This is THE BEST, most moist pumpkin bread I have ever had! Sometimes I find the hype around a recipe sets one up for disaster, but not this recipe in any way. Thank you so much for taking the time to post this recipe. I loved it, just as is.
this really is the best pumpkin bread i've EVER tasted. it was easy to make and set up just wonderfully. i omitted the raisins and nuts and replaced them with chocolate chips instead. i made these for a party and they were a major hit with all the guests. thanks!