Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Although I like traditional pumpkin pie, everyone needs a change now and then. Try this new twist on an old favorite, whether it's for a holiday or just for a cozy night at home.
- 1 baguette, diced
- 1 cup pecans, toasted
- 2 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice, ground
- Line a 10-inch springform pan with foil. Place diced bread and toasted pecans in foil-lined pan, mix, and set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix half-and-half, pumpkin, and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Add brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, ground and crystallized ginger, nutmeg, and allspice. Pour over the bread and mix well.
- Let stand for about 20 minutes, while preheating oven to 350.
- Mix again before placing in oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean To serve, slice pudding into individual servings.
- Sprinkle each with about 2 teaspoons of sugar and caramelize the sugar with a propane torch.
- If you do not have a torch available, serve warm with softly whipped cream.