Recipe by Nancy Van Ess
Originally from "Pillsbury Quick and Easy Bake-Off".
Top Review by cdq77
This is awesome!! I did change the bread crumbs to dried bread cubes. It seems like that must have been a misprint. I used about half a loaf of french bread that I dried in the oven. If you like pumpkin pie, you will love this!!
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 8 or 9-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat eggs until well blended.
- Add 1 1/4 cups sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, butter and vanilla; beat well.
- Add bread crumbs, milk and pumpkin; mix well.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Add raisins to batter; mix well.
- Spread evenly in sprayed pan.
- Bake for 37-47 minutes or until knife inserted 1 1/2-inches from edge comes out clean.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, beat whipping cream, gradually adding sugar and ginger until soft peaks form.
- To serve: Cut pudding into squares.
- Serve warm or cool topped with ginger cream.
- Store in refrigerator.