Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Quick and easy! I acuqired this recipe from Wine Enthusiast Magazine.
Make and share this Pumpkin Bread Pudding With Caramel Rum Sauce recipe from Food.com.
FOR THE BREAD PUDDING
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (unsweetened)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 cups day-old brioche bread or 5 cups French bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
FOR THE CARAMEL RUM SAUCE
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- TO MAKE THE BREAD PUDDING:.
- In a large bowl, whisk pumpkin, eggs, half and half, brown sugar, spices, salt and vanilla. Stir in bread cubes and let stand 15 minutes.
- Pour bread misture into a greased 8x8-inch square glass baking dish and bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes, or until custard is set.
- TO MAKE THE CARAMEL RUM SAUCE: Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Turn burner to medium low and let sauce bubble for 3-4 minutes. Serve warm drizzled over the bread pudding.
This is delicious and smells amazing while it is baking. I used a sweet potato pecan bread that we got from the Kroger bakery. Wonderful!