Recipe by ChefCrittersMom
Got the recipe from a woman at Church. She says it's a great way to get rid of stale bread, but I just love the way it tastes. She got the recipe from the newspaper, which one I don't know.
- 12 slice whole wheat bread, cut into cubes (12 cups)
- 236.59 ml sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 (24 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 425.24 g can pumpkin
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 9.85 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2 (340.19 g) container plain yogurt
- 44.37 ml packed brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- For Bread Pudding: Preaheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Combine bread and cranberries in a large bowl.
- Combine evaporated milk, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, pumplin pie spice and salt in medium bowl.
- Pour egg mixture over bread mixture; stir.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with Brown Sugar-Yogurt Sauce.
- For Brown Sugar-Yogurt Sauce: Combine ingredients.