Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Got the recipe from a woman at Church. She says it's a great way to get rid of stale bread, but I just love the way it tastes. She got the recipe from the newspaper, which one I don't know.
- 12 slices whole wheat bread, cut into cubes (12 cups)
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (6 ounce) containers plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- For Bread Pudding: Preaheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Combine bread and cranberries in a large bowl.
- Combine evaporated milk, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, pumplin pie spice and salt in medium bowl.
- Pour egg mixture over bread mixture; stir.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with Brown Sugar-Yogurt Sauce.
- For Brown Sugar-Yogurt Sauce: Combine ingredients.