Got the recipe from a woman at Church. She says it's a great way to get rid of stale bread, but I just love the way it tastes. She got the recipe from the newspaper, which one I don't know.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 slices whole wheat bread, cut into cubes (12 cups)
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1For Bread Pudding: Preaheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- 3Combine bread and cranberries in a large bowl.
- 4Combine evaporated milk, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, pumplin pie spice and salt in medium bowl.
- 5Pour egg mixture over bread mixture; stir.
- 6Pour mixture into prepared baking dish; let stand for 10 minutes.
- 7Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Serve warm with Brown Sugar-Yogurt Sauce.
- 9For Brown Sugar-Yogurt Sauce: Combine ingredients.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Bread Pudding With Brown Sugar-Yogurt Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.7
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 74.2 mg
- Sodium 247.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 8.4 g