Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I helped made these as muffins in my Operation Frontline cooking class. They were so moist and tasty. Very easy to make. This can be made into bread and makes 1 loaf.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour (try using half whole grain and half refined flour) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg white
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, brown and white sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg.
- In another bowl, mix together egg white, yogurt, oil, vanilla and pumpkin.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spray two loaf pan with cooking spray then add the batter. If making muffins, spray muffin tins with cooking spray or line with muffin tin liners.
- Bake in loaf pans for 55-60 minutes and bake muffins for 25-30 minutes.
- Take out of pans or muffin tins and cool on a baking rack.
- Variations: Use 1/2 cup mashed Banana in place of the pumpkin.