Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
easy pumpkin bread -not good for muffins- too dense-not sure where my mom got this one-easy
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease well (3) 8 1/2" by 4 1/2" bread pans (I use Crisco).
- Mix in larger bowl oil and pumpkin
- In separate bowl combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients slowly to wet ingredients until well mixed.
- Divide batter into 3 loaves.
- Bake approximately 60 minutes until knife comes out clean.
- Alllow to cool before removing from pans.
Wow! Very moist and delicious. I agree with previous reviewer on adding less sugar. Added about two cups for two loaves.
I took this bread out of the oven an hr ago and I really like it. I thought the 3 1/2 cups of sugar would have been too much and I was right. I put in about 1 1/2 cups and for me it was just right. I already had pumpkin at home and didn't use canned. I have to admit being from Barbados I have never seen canned pumpkin before haha. It came out moist and I like the fact that I didn't have to use eggs which I didn't have anyways. Being that there was no picture or description of the texture of it, I wasn't exactly sure what it was to look like. It didn't come out like bread but more of a cake consistency according to my friends who tasted it. I will see how it comes out the next time I do it and compare! I also added some grated coconut into the batter and sprinkled some on top as well. Overall, a great recipe. N.B I did an original review on October 30th when I first baked it but I realised I needed to add some things to clarify.