1 hr 15 mins
This is a modification of the Farmer John's Favorite Pumpkin Bread from Sunset Magazine, October 2005. The sugar and oil content have been modified to reduce the fat and calorie count. The original recipe was 340 calories per serving with 45% of the calories from fat. I also like to change up the baking instructions on this recipe. My favorite way to make this is to use a Bundt pan. Then top the finished Bundt with cream-cheese frosting after it has cooled. It also makes delicious muffins. For regular sized muffins, reduce baking time to 30-40 minutes. For mini-muffins, bake for 25 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1/2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsly-chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, nuts, raisins, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, cloves, allspice and ginger until well blended.
- 3In another bowl, mix wet ingredients: eggs, pumpkin, oil and applesauce until well blended.
- 4Add wet ingredients to dry mixture and stir just until well blended. Don't over-mix.
- 5Pour into two prepared 8.5 x 4.5 inch loaf pans.
- 6Bake until a knife inserted in center of thickest part comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes.
- 7Let bread cool in pans on a rack for about 15 minutes. Remove bread from pans and finish cooling.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Bread - Modified to Reduce Fat and Calories
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.9
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.8 mg
- Sodium 307.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g