Recipe by SReiff
This is delish! Moist and full of flavor. What makes it even better? It has half the sugar and half the oil than most other recipes. NOTE: This bread becomes moister after a day or two. Enjoy!
Top Review by Singin'Chef
This recipe is a GOOD one! Not only did it "go" as is (with the exception of an added tsp. of powdered orange zest instead of nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice and a little orange oil) it ALSO turned out a highly successful gluten free version! (For three mini loaves, I swapped the flour for 1/2 C. 1 T. EACH sorghum flour, white rice flour, and tapioca starch with 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum...and made one wheat intolerant young man very happy!) Always great to find a recipe I can convert! And all with less guilt, too! THANKS!
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml oil
- 59.14 ml applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 eggs
- 3.69 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg or 1.23 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml pumpkin
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 3.69 ml salt
- 354.88 ml and 3 tbs. flour
- 78.07 ml water or 78.07 ml apple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream sugar, oil and applesauce together.
- Add eggs. Mix well.
- Add spices, vanilla and pumpkin.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- Alternately add flour mixture and water or apple juice. Mix well.
- Pour into 3 greased small bread loaf pans or 1 greased large bread pan.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 30 minutes for smaller loaves or 45-55 minutes for large loaf.