Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Susie's doozies. I haven't made it yet but it sounds good.
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup chopped nuts
- Grease inside of 8 (1 pint) wide mouth canning jars.
- Cream shortening with sugar.
- Beat in eggs, pumpkin, and water.
- Combine flour, spices, baking soda and powder.
- Add to pumpkin mixture.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into jars until 1/2 full.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When done, remove jars and wipe down.
- Seal with new lids; the heat will seal the jars.
i have made these 3 times and love it i kept one for 6 months and opened it and was just like i made it day before very good.its hard to keep when grandkids come over each want there own, and not even a crumb left. they are so moist and very good flavor.
I have tried this and it is very good. What I did when the jars cooled I turned them upside down so the bread pulls loose from the sides and bottom. I am making more for Christmas presents with a pretty bow around the lid. I was amazed!! :)
i made these for thanksgiving and everyone i gave them to loved them