Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This makes a very dense, moist bread. Topped with honey butter, it's divine! The recipe makes two loaves, so you can share with your co-workers or neighbors (they love that)
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease two 9x5-inch loaf pans.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour into pans and bake for an hour or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
I have made this, I used spice cake mix instead of yellow. Also a pinch of cayenne pepper adds a little more spice without to much heat.
This recipe is good. It made 24+ cupcakes, that were more like cake then bread, with definite taste of molasses overtones which were a bit too much for my personal taste. They baked for 18 minutes in my oven to perfection. I've been making pumpkin bread for many years and i wanted to try something quick using a cakemix. However, i still prefer my more conventional "Pumpkin Bread Recipe", which is slightly more dense and moist (more like a bread), without the molasses which, to me, allows for more of the pumpkin flavor to come through.. But this recipe is great for a "quickie".