1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This comes from Silver Ravenwolf's book Halloween. I quadrupled the spices (up to 2 teaspoons) because my boyfriend and I like spice and spicy foods. I also up the nuts to 1 whole cup instead of a half. Also, when you grease the pan, dust it with a little powdered sugar(instead of flour). It works just as well, but the powdered sugar has a better taste. Also, instead of sprinkling powdered sugar on top, I cut the loaf into thick pieces, sprinkled a little brown sugar on top and toasted it in my toaster over for about 45 seconds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (fertility & money)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (love & passion)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (protection)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (spirituality & protection)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (luck & health)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (abundance)
- 1/3 cup water (cleansing)
- 2 large eggs (fertility)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (love & mental prowess)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (health & wishes, also conteracts a fertility spell)
- confectioners' sugar
- 1Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2In a different bowl, combine pumpkin, water, eggs, vanilla and oil.
- 3Mix well.
- 4Add dry ingredients slowly and beat throughly.
- 5Stir in nuts and pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 70- 80 minutes.
- 7Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- 8Dust with powered sugar.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Bread For Pagans
Serving Size: 1 (1125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3554.5
- Calories from Fat 1443
- Total Fat 160.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 423.0 mg
- Sodium 3741.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 497.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.7 g
- Sugars 311.5 g
- Protein 46.8 g