Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This comes from Silver Ravenwolf's book Halloween. I quadrupled the spices (up to 2 teaspoons) because my boyfriend and I like spice and spicy foods. I also up the nuts to 1 whole cup instead of a half. Also, when you grease the pan, dust it with a little powdered sugar(instead of flour). It works just as well, but the powdered sugar has a better taste. Also, instead of sprinkling powdered sugar on top, I cut the loaf into thick pieces, sprinkled a little brown sugar on top and toasted it in my toaster over for about 45 seconds.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour (fertility & money)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (love & passion)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (protection)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (spirituality & protection)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (luck & health)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (abundance)
- 1⁄3 cup water (cleansing)
- 2 large eggs (fertility)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (love & mental prowess)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (health & wishes, also conteracts a fertility spell)
- confectioners' sugar
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a different bowl, combine pumpkin, water, eggs, vanilla and oil.
- Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients slowly and beat throughly.
- Stir in nuts and pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 70- 80 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Dust with powered sugar.