Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups solid pack pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 cup oil
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 6 teaspoons orange juice
- additional nuts
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Spray two loaf pans with no stick spray.
- In a med.
- bowl combine 1st 7 ingredients, set a side.
- In a large bowl mix pumkin, oil, eggs, and sugar.
- Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- By hand stir in nuts and raisins.
- Divide batter between two loaf pans.
- bake for 50-55 min.
- cool for 15 min.
- Remove from pans cool on wire rack.
- ORANGE GLAZE: combine sugar, orange peel and juice in a small bowl.
- Stir with spoon.
- Spoon over top off cooled loaves letting excess run down sides.
- Sprinkle with nuts and orange peel.
This is by far the best pumkin bread I have ever tasted. A real fall treat, Yummmmmmm!