Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From my NordicWare loaf & cake pan.
Make and share this Pumpkin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare six-cup loaf pan by brushing with solid vegetable shortening and dust with flour or coat with baking spray containing flour.
- In large bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs; blend well.
- Mix remaining dry ingredients together except for raisins or cranberries. Stir in to wet mixture and mix until blended.
- Stir in raisins. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.