Recipe by Dancer^
or 1 1/2 dozen small muffins.
Top Review by Pale Rose
The prep time listed on this recipe did not take into account how long it would take the shred the pumpkin. It can take 10 - 20 minutes to shred enough fresh pumpkin for this recipe, depending on how fast you are. That time doesn't include cutting the pumpkin open, taking out the guts, and peeling the skin off. People making this recipe should allow an hour of prep time to be on the safe side. I left out the toasted pumpkin seeds. The pumpkin bread turned out great! It was nice and moist, and tasted great with a little butter on it.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups shredded fresh pumpkin
- 1 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Combine both mixtures and fold in the shredded pumpkin and pumpkin seeds.
- Once the ingredients are all incorporated pour into a non-stick 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan.
- If your pan is not non-stick coat it with butter and flour.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- At this point a knife inserted into the middle of the loaf should come out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes and turn out onto a cooling rack.
- Cool completely.
- For muffins temperature should also be 325 degrees, but bake for 30 minutes.