Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a no fail recipe for great pumpkin bread.
- 1 cup Wesson Oil
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 can pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream oil and sugar together.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Then stir in pumpkin, flour and spices.
- Mix up well and pour into two greased loaf pans and bake at 325 degrees for about 60 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick.
- If it comes out clean, it is ready.
- You can add ¾ Cup chopped pecans or 1 Cup raisins or chopped dates if you like.
- I like to use raisins.
- If you add raisins, mix them with a little flour before you pour them into the batter.
- It will keep them from sinking to the bottom of the loaf pan when you cook them.
This is the worst pumpkin bread recipe i have ever tried..Would never reccomend it to anyone.
I followed the directions exactly. I chose not to add nuts or raisins since my youngest child still is too little to chew them easily. It is so moist and just delicious. A great snack or good in the morning with a cup of coffee.