Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my Mom's recipe, handed down from my great-grandmother, and my husband swears no one makes it better! The yield is a guess.
- Blend together the sugar and oil.
- Add eggs, pumpkin, water, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Sift together flour, soda, spices, and salt. Add to above.
- Mix with mixer until well blended.
- For loaves: bake one hours at 350 degrees in greased and floured loaf pans. Can make as muffins (Mom's instructions: bake less time but I don't remember. I think 15-20 but watch closely after ten min.).
I was looking for a good pumpkin bread recipe and this one is so good. I made it two days ago and it is still moist and taste great. It made 2 huge loafs, so I took one into work. This is definately a keeper and I will make it again. Thank you for sharing!