Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Make and share this Pumpkin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 887.21 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml cinnamon, ground
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml light-brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil, melted butter or margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 2.46 ml black walnut extract
- 236.59 ml canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 236.59 ml walnut pieces, chopped coarsely
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- beat sugars, oil, eggs and extract in a large bowl with a wooden spoon until well blended.
- Add flour mixture alternately with pumpkin in 3 additions, blending well after each.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spoon evenly into 2 lightly greased and floured 1-pound coffee cans, filling them half full.
- Bake at 359°F 50-60 minutes until pick inserted in center of breads comes out clean.
- Cool in cans on rack 10 minutes.
- Run a thin knife around edges and turn out bread to cool on rack.
This bread was nasty. I wish I had paid attention to the reviews before I wasted all the ingredients. The batter was stiff and the finished product had no flavor. I cubed it and left it outside for the birds and squirrels.
I am glad I did not double the ingredients to make more bread. That was HORRIBLE! Bread is for eating, bricks are for building.
My mother's pumpkin bread is SOOOO much better!!! It smelled good but it was gross!!!! It had little taste!