1 hr 10 mins
Ron & Joyce Ripple Sr.'s Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon light-brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, melted butter or margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon black walnut extract
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup walnut pieces, chopped coarsely
- 1Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- 2beat sugars, oil, eggs and extract in a large bowl with a wooden spoon until well blended.
- 3Add flour mixture alternately with pumpkin in 3 additions, blending well after each.
- 4Stir in nuts.
- 5Spoon evenly into 2 lightly greased and floured 1-pound coffee cans, filling them half full.
- 6Bake at 359°F 50-60 minutes until pick inserted in center of breads comes out clean.
- 7Cool in cans on rack 10 minutes.
- 8Run a thin knife around edges and turn out bread to cool on rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.1
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 197.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 6.8 g