Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Pumpkin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon light-brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil, melted butter or margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black walnut extract
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup walnut pieces, chopped coarsely
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- beat sugars, oil, eggs and extract in a large bowl with a wooden spoon until well blended.
- Add flour mixture alternately with pumpkin in 3 additions, blending well after each.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spoon evenly into 2 lightly greased and floured 1-pound coffee cans, filling them half full.
- Bake at 359°F 50-60 minutes until pick inserted in center of breads comes out clean.
- Cool in cans on rack 10 minutes.
- Run a thin knife around edges and turn out bread to cool on rack.