Recipe by AlwaysAl
This pumpkin bread is amazing. I make it every year and it's a must at Thanksgiving. My oven doesn't get real hot, so I usually cook this for over and hour.
- 29 ounces pumpkin
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 4 1⁄3 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder, and
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- -preheat oven to 350.
- -combine shortening and sugar with a mixer.
- -add pumpkin, eggs, and water.
- -add in the rest of the ingredients.
- -grease the bottom of four pans.
- -cook 45 minutes to one hour (cook longer if needed). Use a toothpick to test if they are cooked through.