Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This pumpkin bread is my step mother's recipe. It is the best pumpkin bread I have ever tasted.
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml oil
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml pumpkin
- 414.03 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml clove
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml allspice
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 78.07 ml water
- 118.29 ml raisins (optional)
- 118.29 ml nuts (optional)
- Sift dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Mix sugar and oil in bowl.
- Add eggs and pumpkin, mix well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and add water.
- Grease bottom of a 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or when toothpick comes out clean.
- If using fresh pumpkin, you will not need the water.
Excellent and easy pumpkin bread. It was a bit hit with a light spread of whipped cream cheese and a touch of sugar!
Great bread! I added golden raisins and chopped pecans. My husband loved it, nice and spicy! Carole in Orlando
Very good flavor, very moist, but a bit heavy. I would suggest reducing the oil by 2 Tbsp, and adding 1 teas. vanilla extract.