Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This pumpkin bread is my step mother's recipe. It is the best pumpkin bread I have ever tasted.
Make and share this Pumpkin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Sift dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Mix sugar and oil in bowl.
- Add eggs and pumpkin, mix well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and add water.
- Grease bottom of a 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or when toothpick comes out clean.
- If using fresh pumpkin, you will not need the water.
Excellent and easy pumpkin bread. It was a bit hit with a light spread of whipped cream cheese and a touch of sugar!
Great bread! I added golden raisins and chopped pecans. My husband loved it, nice and spicy! Carole in Orlando
Very good flavor, very moist, but a bit heavy. I would suggest reducing the oil by 2 Tbsp, and adding 1 teas. vanilla extract.