Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Found this recipe in a magazine that came in the mail. This is made with olive oil, which in comparison to butter, is 25% less fattening. Posted here for safekeeping - haven't tried yet.
- 354.88 ml flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml pumpkin puree, not pie filling
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten with 1/4 cup water
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml allspice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, sugar and baking soda.
- In medium bowl, stir together pumpkin, oil, egg/water and spices.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour into greased loaf pan (9x5x3).
- bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Turn onto rack and cool completely.
I substituted King Arthur gluten-free multi-purpose flour and made this for a tea with friends. It turned out great, once I let it cook long enough. Very tasty, moist and delicious. I did use applesauce with a little oil rather than the oil. Am already making this again and adding cranberries for a pretty holiday bread.
This bread was yummy, even though i made a few changes to make it even more healthy it came out great!!!
This is a very nice pumpkin bread recipe; it's not too sweet, and the spices aren't overpowering, like most pumpkin bread recipes are. It's just a great blend of flavors. I also really like the fact that it is made with extra virgin olive oil, which makes it a little more healthy.