Recipe by Shannon 24
Found this recipe in a magazine that came in the mail. This is made with olive oil, which in comparison to butter, is 25% less fattening. Posted here for safekeeping - haven't tried yet.
Top Review by AmerAussie
I substituted King Arthur gluten-free multi-purpose flour and made this for a tea with friends. It turned out great, once I let it cook long enough. Very tasty, moist and delicious. I did use applesauce with a little oil rather than the oil. Am already making this again and adding cranberries for a pretty holiday bread.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, not pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten with 1/4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, sugar and baking soda.
- In medium bowl, stir together pumpkin, oil, egg/water and spices.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour into greased loaf pan (9x5x3).
- bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Turn onto rack and cool completely.