Recipe by Mrs. Jaye
One of the best pumpkin bread recipes I've tried. Very moist and also makes terrific muffins.
Top Review by twinmom303
Great recipe!! I substituted butternut squash, half whole wheat flour and half applesauce for the oil and it turned out GREAT. Thanks for a good recipe. My kids loved it. Next time I will try it with raisins.
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups packed pumpkin
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the first 5 ingredients together well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Pour into greased loaf pans to 2/3 full.
- Bake 350 degrees for about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let set 10 minutes.
- Remove from loaf pans and wrap immediately in foil for 30 minutes.
- This makes the loaves unbelieveably moist.
- You can also add nuts or raisins or whatever else you want to.